Part-Time Café Assistant
The Frye Art Museum is a living legacy of visionary patronage and civic responsibility, committed to artistic inquiry and a rich visitor experience. A catalyst for our engagement with contemporary art and artists is the Founding Collection of Charles and Emma Frye, access to which shall always be free.
DEPARTMENT: Café Frieda
REPORTS TO: Café Manager
BENEFITS: Free shift meals, employee discounts in the Museum Store. Position accrues paid vacation time in addition to sick leave and applicable holiday pay after initial trial period.
- Greeting guests at the front counter
- Taking customers' orders
- Making sandwiches, salads, and espresso drinks to order
- Working with the team to prepare our made-from-scratch recipes
- Maintaining a clean dining room and kitchen
- Assisting with small catering projects
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Previous restaurant/cafe experience
- Warm and friendly demeanor
- Eager to help guests navigate the menu and provide exemplary customer service
- Accurately process cash and credit card transactions
- Works well with others as part of a small team, demonstrates initiative, and requires little supervision
- Maintains a positive attitude even during a busy rush
- Food handler's card and MAST permit (or ability to obtain these upon hire)
- Maintains safe and clean work environment
- Able to pass a background check
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Barista experience a plus but not required
This part-time position offers approximately 21 hours per week on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays, with opportunities to pick up additional shifts covering for colleagues that are on vacation or ill.
Work areas are primarily inside, in a climate-controlled environment, and in our enclosed courtyard. Work is occasionally performed at other indoor and outdoor event sites. Shift times may vary to meet the Museum's requirement to staff the facilities at all hours. Work may require long periods of sustained standing and lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds.
This job summary is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of this role at the Frye Art Museum. Employees must maintain a high degree of flexibility in our rapidly changing environment and, as such, may be required to perform additional duties beyond the scope described here from time to time.