The Frye Art Museum is a living legacy of visionary patronage and civic responsibility, committed to artistic inquiry and a rich visitor experience. A catalyst for our engagement with contemporary art and artists is the Founding Collection of Charles and Emma Frye, access to which shall always be free.
THE POSITION: Assistant Security Manager
REPORTS TO: Security Manager
SUPERVISES: Security Personnel
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
STATUS: Full-Time: 35 hours per week
SALARY RANGE: $62,000 - $64,000
- 9 paid holidays per year
- Paid vacation time off, after 90 days
- Paid sick leave, after 90 days
- Floating holidays 2 days per full year, after 90 days
- Community days, 3 days per full year, after 90 days
- Healthcare: Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, 100% paid for employee, base plan
- Flexible Spending Arrangement (FSA)
- Retirement 403(b) Plan with 1.5% employer match, after 90 days
- Regional transportation: ORCA Business Passport card, 100% paid
- Employee Assistance Program
- Museum discount: 15%
- Others as outlined in Team Handbook
Administrative Responsibilities (30%)
- Assists in establishing operating procedures and develops written policies for implementation.
- Drafts and maintains security staff schedules and daily rotations on time to ensure adequate coverage for the museum’s general operations, programs, and after-hour events.
- Reviews and approves time sheets in a timely manner.
- Oversees and ensures accurate record logs of incidents, deliveries, key and card access, and other daily activities.
Personnel Management (20%)
- Assists with management of Security staff and operations.
- Involved in recruiting, hiring, and discharging of full-time and part-time officers.
- Monitors and supervises all Security staff assigned to gallery posts and security central during daily rotations.
- Conducts annual performance appraisals for Security Department personnel.
On Museum Floor (20%)
- Supplements security officer positions, as needed, to maintain an appropriate level of security coverage.
- Provides security and supervision during Museum after-hour events as needed.
- Ensures escorted access to all non-public areas and install/de-install areas due to the security requirements of the museum.
Other Functions (30%)
- Serves as the primary security representative in the absence of the Security Manager.
- Assists the Security Manager in collaborating with all Museum departments to define security needs as they apply to exhibitions, programs, and operations.
- Assists with safety and facility orientations for new museum staff.
- Ensures security and safety of visitors and employees at all times.
- Serves as a primary key holder of the museum facility.
- Opens, closes and secures the museum facilities on time according to department policy guidelines.
- Monitors operations, investigates and documents all incidents, files reports in a timely manner, and takes appropriate steps to prevent future occurrences.
- Assists in managing confidential and sensitive information regarding a broad range of security-related information topics, including detailed incident reports and investigation documentation.
- Acts as a point-of-contact between the Frye Art Museum and local fire and police departments.
- Ensures compliance with the Security Union’s Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Must be available 24/7 to monitor and respond to intrusion and fire alarms during opening and closing hours.
- Must be available 24/7 to receive and respond to call-outs, and to arrange for coverage when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Previous supervisory/managerial (Security, Criminal Justice, Administration, and/ or Emergency Management) experience required.
- Experience with museum gallery security, security systems, building management, and visitor relations is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of safety and security procedures and compliance.
- Certification in institutional protection preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and professionally communicate, both verbally and written, in-person and while using email, telephone, and radio media.
- Must be able to respectfully engage with the public and staff while enforcing Museum policies.
- Must be attentive and professional in all interactions.
- Must exercise discretion and good judgement when dealing with personnel matters.
- Ability to multitask, operate as part of a team, and calmly respond to stressful situations.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Outlook, and Acrobat.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Must successfully pass a background check.
Work areas are inside, in a climate-controlled environment within an open office and background noise. Work is occasionally performed at other indoor and outdoor sites. Access to the roof and basement is required. Shift times may vary to meet the Museum's requirement to staff the facilities at all hours. Work may require long periods of sustained standing during regular coverage, or special events.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Sitting/Standing/Walking: Approximately 50% of time is spent seated while working at a desk. Balance of time (approximately 50%) is spent standing or moving around the work area. Ability to stand for extended periods of time when assisting at Museum events.
Speaking/Hearing: Clear diction and acute hearing are necessary for effective communication with vendors, donors, members, the public, and co-workers.
Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/Pulling: The ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is necessary for occasional moving of material and equipment.
Vision: Corrected vision close to 20/20 is necessary to effectively use the computer screens.
Stooping/Kneeling: The ability to stoop and kneel is necessary for accessing files.
Reaching/Handling: Good manual dexterity is necessary for computer keyboard use and for retrieving and working with appropriate paperwork, equipment, and supplies.
The Frye Art Museum mandates that all employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Note that all employees are asked to adhere to museum guidance and policy for COVID-19, which may change over time.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should send cover letter and resume with "Assistant Security Manager" in the subject line to email@example.com. Open until filled. No phone calls, please.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions. In the event that we wish to arrange a personal interview, we will contact you by email or phone.
This Job Summary is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of this role at the Frye Art Museum. Employees must maintain a high degree of flexibility in our rapidly changing environment and, as such, may be required to perform additional duties beyond the scope described here from time to time.
OUR COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION, DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND ACCESS
We, at Frye Art Museum, believe that the arts are for everyone. We strive to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for colleagues and guests.
Frye Art Museum complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.