Security Services Officer
The Frye Art Museum is a living legacy of visionary patronage and civic responsibility, committed to artistic inquiry and a rich visitor experience. A catalyst for our engagement with contemporary art and artists is the Founding Collection of Charles and Emma Frye, access to which shall always be free.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Security Services
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
BENEFITS: Vacation/sick time accrual
- Guarding the Museum exhibition galleries to maintain the safety of patrons, staff, and artwork
- Patrolling the Museum exterior
- Reporting changes or physical interactions to artwork, ensuring that logs are properly maintained
- Reporting on building conditions in cooperation with the Facilities department
- Assisting patrons by providing Museum and exhibition information in cooperation with other departments
- Controlling and monitoring access to secure areas of the Museum
- Overseeing loading dock activity, deliveries, and shipments
- Responding to emergency and non-emergency situations by assisting patrons and staff and contributing to the coordination of a quick and effective solution
- Providing security back-up during Museum special events, receptions, and previews as needed
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must sufficiently pass a background check
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and professionally communicate, both verbally and written
- Must be able to respectfully engage with the public and staff while enforcing Museum policies
- Must be attentive and professional in appearance and in all interactions
- Ability to multitask, operate as part of a team, and calmly respond to stressful situations
- Adaptable to a flexible weekly work schedule, including weekends
This part-time position offers approximately 18-24 hours per with opportunities to pick up additional shifts covering for colleagues that are on vacation or ill.
Work areas are inside, in a climate-controlled environment with light background noise. Work is occasionally performed at other indoor and outdoor event sites. Shift times may vary to meet the Museum's requirement to staff the facilities at all hours. Work may require long periods of sustained standing during Museum events.
This job summary is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of this role at the Frye Art Museum. Employees must maintain a high degree of flexibility in our rapidly changing environment and, as such, may be required to perform additional duties beyond the scope described here from time to time.