Frye Art Museum Social Media Policy
The Frye Art Museum strives to create engaging, interesting, and inspiring content that provokes conversations about art, our exhibitions, and related topics across our social media platforms. To provide a positive social media community experience for all, the Museum encourages users to comment, converse, and engage with each other using courtesy, respect, and good intent.
Social media channels are typically monitored by Museum staff on a periodic basis during regular business hours, excluding holidays, by a small team. Content shared outside those times will be reviewed as time allows during regular business hours. The Museum does not review or moderate all shared content, but intends to address problematic situations in a reasonable timeframe.
By posting content or tagging the Museum’s accounts, you are giving the Museum permission to use your content for educational, promotional, or standard non-commercial purposes. The views expressed by users are their own and may not represent the views of the Museum, its followers, or its affiliates. The Museum reserves the right to remove shared content reflecting any of the following. The Museum may block, ban, and/or report users who post such content.
- Disparaging content about identity, including gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, ethnic origin, or race, or content that is otherwise demeaning or hate speech
- Harassment, bullying, or attacks on or intimidation of anyone
- Causing, inciting, threatening, or advocating for violence or other illegal activity
- Vulgar or explicit content
- Spam or fraudulent links
- Repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple users
- Content that is off topic
- Advertisements, solicitations, endorsements, or commercial content
- Posts by anonymous or fake accounts, or accounts that impersonate others
- Content that infringes on copyrights
- Information that is false, inaccurate, or misleading, including unproven or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations
- Non-relevant personally identifiable information of individuals, including community members or Museum staff
- Messages impersonating a Museum representative or claiming to speak on behalf of the Museum
By engaging on our social media channels, you are also agreeing to comply with this social media policy and the social media guidelines imposed by the particular social media platform you are utilizing. Please protect your own privacy by refraining from sharing sensitive personal details. Thanks for contributing to our online community via social media!