704 Terry Avenue
Seattle, Washington 98104
Wednesday–Sunday 11 am–5 pm
The Frye closes at 3 pm on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. The Frye is closed on Juneteenth, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
Café Frieda remains temporarily closed. Anticipated reopening: September 2023.
Phone: 206 622 9250
The Frye Art Museum is committed to fostering a welcoming and inclusive space for everyone. We prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in order to strengthen our organization and our community. The Frye provides a variety of services for visitors stopping by the museum or participating in in-person or virtual programs to make the most of your experience. Read more about accessibility accommodations at the museum.
By Public Transit
Routes 3 and 4: James St and 8th Ave
Route 60: 9th Ave and Columbia St
Route 12: Madison St and 9th Ave
View the King County Trip Planner
The First Hill Streetcar runs approximately every 10–15 minutes. The nearest stop is Broadway & Marion. View the First Hill Streetcar schedule
Pioneer Square Link Station: 3rd Ave & James St.
Please note, this station is approximately a 1/2 mile walk from the museum at a steep incline
View the Sound Transit Trip Planner
From Southbound I-5
Take the James St exit 165A
Merge onto 6th Ave
Left on Cherry Ave
Left onto Terry Ave
From Northbound I-5
Take exit 164A for Dearborn St toward James St/Madison St
Keep right, follow signs for James St
Continue straight onto 7th Ave
Right on James St
Left on Terry Ave
Paid public street parking is available along Terry Ave, 9th Ave, Columbia St, Marion St, and Cherry St. There are several paid parking lots nearby the museum including the First Hill Medical Pavilion at 1124 Columbia St and Swedish Hospital Marion & Minor Garage. Other paid parking lots are available throughout First Hill.
There are two bike racks available near the museum. They are located on the corner of Terry Ave and Cherry St, and on Columbia St in front of the Memory Hub. Please note, these bike racks are not museum property; use of the racks is at the user's sole risk.
We're looking forward to welcoming you to the museum! Admission to the Frye is always free.
- Bags smaller than 11" x 15" x 6” are permitted in the galleries. All larger items, including backpacks and umbrellas, are prohibited in the galleries. A limited number of self-check lockers are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Please leave all large bags at home.
- We offer 45-minute free guided tours on Saturdays and Sundays at 1 pm, meeting in the Rotunda. Visiting with a group of 6 or more? Reserve a group visit.
- Handheld, still photography is allowed in most areas of the museum for personal, non-commercial use. However, certain temporary exhibitions may prohibit photography or video.
- In order to protect artworks, food and drinks are not allowed in the museum galleries.
- Service animals are the only animals allowed in the Museum.
- Please visit our COVID-19 Response Page for the most up-to-date information about current public health guidelines and what to know before you visit.
Have additional questions? Check out these frequently asked questions before visiting.